Home is a place where everyone feels safe and secure. There are a few things that can make your home more dangerous from the outdoors. Black mold is the biggest enemy of your house and it can easily break the safety of your house.
Mold is the common problem in the present days. Once it has infested it is hard to remove and it will make your house look uncared for. Mold possess a serious threat to your health because it can cause different types of allergies and respiratory problems.
What is Black Mold
Most of the people have the misconception that it is a general type of mold. However, the black mold is completely different from other types of mold. It is the most dangerous type of mold. Exposure to the black mold can cause several issues like
- Breathing issues
- Increased attacks of asthma
In severe cases, it might cause vomiting and bleeding from nose and lungs. It is important that you are aware of the symptoms of the black mold. In case you detect the mold in your home you should apply the immediate removal process.
How black mold differs from other types of mold
The biggest difference of the black mold is that it is black in shade and other types of molds are gray or green in color. It has a distinctive odor of must and mildew and the appearance is slimy.
It is present inside and outside the house. It grows in damp, humid and warm places. Basements, crawl spaces, carpets, ceiling tiles and wood paneling are often infested by black mold. Where there is moisture there will be black mold.
It is important that you avoid the growth of black mold in your house because it can lead to some severe allergic reactions. The severity of the health related problems is determined by the number inhaled spores and the length of exposure. The strain of the black mold you were in contact with will also play a major role in the determination of the severity of the disease.
The symptoms are present in infants and elderly because they have a weak immunity system. It causes the upper respiratory diseases.
Removal of Black Mold
Despite the type of mold found in your house, it is important that you remove it safely and quickly. You have to remove the source of moisture to prevent further growth. Prevention is the only solution in case of black mold but accidents can happen anytime.
If you are planning to remove the mold on your own it is important that you wear the proper mask or a respirator. Your entire body should be properly covered so you will not have to suffer from allergies.
It is possible to remove the black mold on your own but it is a better option that you hire a professional. They have the chemicals and the latest equipment that will easily remove the black mold.